A:Good afternoon, Uncle Giovanni!午安,乔凡尼叔叔!
B:Since when was I your uncle? What's that?我何时成了你叔叔?那是啥玩意?
A:It's 20 pounds of my homemade Fettucini.二十磅意大利宽条面,我自己做的。
B:You want me to buy it?你要我买下来不成?
A:No. I want to make it for you and your customers.不是。我是要做给你和客人吃的。
B:Well, our customers never ask for it.我们的顾客从不点这道菜。
A:They will. I'll put a plate of it on display!他们会的。我要放一盘出来做展示!
B:Uncle Giovanni! Nicole's Fettucini is out of this world! Taste it!乔凡尼叔叔!妮可做的宽条面好吃极了!尝尝看!
A:OK, OK. [tastes it] Mmmm. Not bad...好啦……(尝过了面)嗯,还不坏……
B:Not bad? Not bad! Look at how many customers are ordering!还不坏?岂止还不坏而已!你看有多少顾客在抢着点!
A:That's because it's new. They're curious.那是因为这是新菜。他们是因为好奇.
B:No. They're ranting and raving about how great it is...so go be nice to her!不。他们正在争相走告这有多好吃……你去跟她说些好话!
A:Is it the Fettucini you're in love with or Nicole? You've been acting different since Paris...你是爱上了那道宽条面还是妮可?你从巴黎回来后人就换了个样……
B:Well, she's perfect for me. I...I mean she's perfect for us!呃,她就是我要找的人……我是说她就是我们要找的人!
A:Oh...I get it.喔……我懂了.