A:So,what do Canadians usually have for breakfast?
那么你们加拿大人早餐通常吃什么?
B:Well,breakfast is very important in Canada.We usually have lots of food in the morning.Take eggs for instance..We have fried eggs,boiled eggs,scrambled eggs and sunny-side-up…
在加拿大,早饭可是件大事儿。我们早上通常会吃很多东西。那鸡蛋来说吧。我们有煎蛋,煮蛋,炒蛋和半熟的鸡蛋。
A:Hold on,please.What do you mean by sunny-side-up?
等一下。你说的sunny-side-up是什么意思?
B:Well,when you fry an egg,you just fry one side .So the other side is like a red sun.That's sunny-side-up.
就是当你煎鸡蛋时只煎一面。那样的话另一面就象个红太阳。那就是sunny-side-up.
A:Interesting.And what else do you have?
有意思。你们还吃什么?
B:One very important thing is cereal.I often have cereal with maple syrup.
燕麦是很重要的早餐食品。我通常都是燕麦就枫树浆喝。
A:Dope.My mouth is watering
不错。我都流口水了。
B:And we also have bacon or sausage.
还有咸肉和香肠呢。
A:Sounds tempting.Is that all?
真有食欲。就这些了吗?
B:No,far from it.We sometimes have pancakes or toast in the morning.
远不止呢。有时我们早上也吃饼或土司。
A:Who cooks all the stuff in your family?
你们家早上谁作饭?
B:Me.Always me. I'm a good cook. I mean not very talented,just qualified. In Canada,I'll cook for the whole family if I have time.
我作。我手艺不错。我是说我到没那么有天分,不过还算合格。在加拿大,我有时间的话就会为全家人作饭。
A:I'm hungry now. I need to grab something to eat.
我饿了。我的去找点儿吃的来。
B:No hurry,Come over to my house. I'll make you some French toast.
别急。到我这儿来吧。我给你作法国土司吃。
A:What is it?
那是什么东西?
B:Come here and check it out by yourself.
来自己看吧。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1]maple syrup是从枫树上提炼出来的一种东西。这可是加拿大的特产。在北京的加拿大人通常都会带上一瓶,以防自己不适应中国的饮食。
[2]My mouth is watering. Water在这里是个动词,表示流口水。
[3]Dope是个俚语词,表示"很棒"。和cool的意思差不多。作为名词,它还有大麻的意思。
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词汇并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问老外它们的意思
[ie:What does "***"mean? "***"是什么意思?]
oatmeal ham waffle porridge hash-brown potato donut