A:Mark, you've been coming home late these days. What are you busy doing?
迈克,这些天你总是很晚回家,忙什么呢?
B:Nothing important. I've been working overtime lately.
没什么事。最近我一直加班。
A:How many hours do you work each day now?
现在你一天工作多长时间?
B:12 hours, including 5 hours overtime.
12个小时,包括5个小时的加班时间。
A:That's tough indeed! Do you think your health can afford?
那可够你受的,你的身体承受得了吗?
B:I don't care. I need money.
我没事,我需要挣钱。
A:Surely you'll be paid extra for overtime, but do you think it's really worth?
当然,加班你会得到额外收入,但是你觉得值得吗?
B:Yes, I think so. When I work overtime I'm paid time and a half.
是的,我觉得值。加班我可以拿到一倍半的工资。
A:Oh, yes. Money comes faster in that way than otherwise.
哦,是的,通过这种方式赚钱比其他方式来得快。
A:But jobs with a lot of overtime are quite limited. Employers usually don't like to pay for overtime if they can manage.
但是有大量加班机会的工作并不多。如果能处理好,通常雇主是不愿付加班费的。
B:That's true.
的确如此。