A:Who's that tall guy over there?
那边那个高个子是谁?
B:Oh, that's George. He looks very drunk.
哦,那是George。他看起来醉得很厉害。
A:What's he like normally?
他平常为人怎么样?
B:Oh, he's really reserved, normally. But, from what I hear, he's got lots of problems.
额,他平常很拘谨。可是据我所知,他似乎有很多问题。
A:Really? What kind of problems?
是吗?什么样的问题?
B:Well, off the record, of course, but I hear that he's got terrible debts. He has his own company, and it's not going very well.
哦,别告诉别人,我听说他负债累累。他自己开公司,但经营得不太好。
A:Really? Well, I hate to say this, but I'm not surprised.
真的吗?我很不想这么说,不过我并不觉得意外。
B:Really? What makes you say that?
是吗,你为什么会这么说?
A:Well, he doesn't look very honest.
哦……他似乎不太老实。
B:I know, that's the problem. He can't find any customers. It's a pity, really, because his products are very good. Oh, that reminds me. Did I tell you about my new laptop?
我知道,问题就出在这里。他根本找不到客户。这真的很可惜,因为他的产品很好。对了,我突然想到,我有没有跟你提过我的新笔记本电脑?
A:Oh, don't talk to me about laptops. Mine crashed on Friday and I lost everything. I hate them.
拜托,别跟我提到笔记本电脑。我的笔记本电脑星期五坏了,资料全都不见了。气死我了。
B:Oh, really?
哦,是吗?
A:Look, I need another drink. Do you want one?
对了,我要再喝一杯。你要吗?
B:Yes, I'll have another cocktail.
好,我还要一杯鸡尾酒。
A:Vodka martini?
伏特加马丁尼是吗?
B:Absolutely.
没错。
A:I'll be back in a sec.
我等下就回来。
B:OK. I'll wait here for you.
好,我在这里等你。