A:Sis, why did you ask me to come to this bargain market? It's so crowded, and you can't find anything that you really want.姐姐,你为什么带我来这个廉价市场啊?这里这么拥挤,而且你也买不到什么你真正想要的东西。
B:You just don't get it. Looking for bargains can be really interesting.你就是不明白。淘便宜的东西会非常有趣啊。
A:Are you serious? How can that be?你说真的吗?不会吧?
B:Bargaining is a game, or even a battle. You feel like a winner when you get a good price.讨价还价是一种游戏,甚至是一场“争战”。当你得到一个好的价格的时候,你会感觉像一个赢家。
A:Come on. You know, you can never really win. The salesperson never loses. They make their living out of it.拜托。你知道,你永远不会真正胜利的。卖家是永远不会输的。他们靠它生活啊。
B:That's true. But I just love it. Come here!那是没错。可我就是喜欢啊。过来这边!
A:Oh, this silk carpet is really beautiful. Look at the pattern, and how delicate it is!哦,这块丝织地毯真漂亮。看它的花色,做得多么细致啊!
B:You do have great taste. That's the most expensive stuff here.你的眼光真不错。这是这里最贵的东西。
A:Really? Oh, this one. I like the cloisonné vase.真的吗?嗳,这个。我喜欢这个陶瓷花瓶。
B:Are you kidding me? I bought a same one last week. It's surprising that there is something we both like. Well, what do you think of these ceramic cups?你没和我开玩笑吧?我上周买了个一模一样的。真是惊奇啊,这里竟然有我们俩都喜欢的东西。这儿,你看这几个陶瓷茶杯怎么样?
A:Come on. They look so cheap. Something else, please.拜托。它们看起来就很廉价。请挑点别的吧。
B:What about this picture? I think Benjamin would like it.那这幅画呢?我觉得本杰明会喜欢它的。
A:Don't underestimate his taste. I don't think he'd like it.别低估了他的品味。我觉得他不会喜欢它的。
B:Don't be so sure. He loves the vase I bought here last week.别这么肯定。我上周买的一个花瓶他就很喜欢。
A:Yeah. Well, anyway, it's up to you. But I can tell that you come here often.好吧。不论怎样,这是你的事啦。但是我敢说你真的是经常来这里。
B:Absolutely. That's why I can always get a good price.当然了。这是为什么我总能得到一个优惠的价格啊。